Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Airports, Airports, and More Airports

Hi from London!

First sightings of land after a long flight.
I left from Portland yesterday afternoon and arrived a few hours ago! We arrived in Heathrow around 11 or so, and had to go through the UK Border/Customs before picking up our bags, riding the Heathrow Express to Paddington Station, and then getting on the tube from there to Edgewater road - where we then had to walk all the way to our flats! Needless to say, it was an adventure, and I hope I don't have to pull my suitcase up and down 3 flights of stairs again anytime soon.

Paddington Station
I just got to my flat and our 'Orientation' begins at 6, leaving me with a couple of hours to unpack and get settled in! I was the first one to get here, so I had the first pick of rooms and beds!

My room has a spectacular view though, and I'm really excited to get to see London on our walking tour tonight! (although I'm not excited about the walk...)

Just as a reminder to friends, my phone is shut off so you can only reach me through email (jennchipman@aol.com) or Facebook messages. I will let you know if I have a London number that is free to text within the next few days.

See you all in August!

1 comment:

  1. This needs more pictures so that I can see all the places I have never been!

    ReplyDelete