Friday, July 19, 2013

A Week of Fun!

This week has been jam packed with lots of exciting trips and events!
On Monday, we visited the London Metals Exchange after class. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures of it, but I did get a free calculator out of it! It was pretty cool. We were supposed to go to the Museum of the Bank of England, but unfortunately time schedules were messed up so we couldn't make it there too. :(

On Tuesday, I started out my day with my first solo adventure: Freemason's Hall! It is the United Grand Lodge of England's building, and it is very cool!




I got there around 30 minutes before the tour started, so I was able to wander the Museum and Library. :)


It was so cool and I picked up some awesome gifts for my dad and brother in the gift shop that I am SO excited to surprise them with!

That night we saw Amen Corner, which was cool! It was a gospel preformed by all British actors, and it was set in the south... they all did a great job with their accents! I forgot for a little while that I was in Britain and not the US. :)


View outside the Theatre

Riding the tube home with some of my favorite nursing students!! <3 you all!
On Wednesday, we took the coach to Blenheim Palace & Oxford!
Blenheim was first and it was a really cool palace because people still live there today!!





After Blenheim, we went to Oxford. We had a 3 hour break, so a few of us got food, went shopping, and such before meeting up for our tour of Oxford University!

Triple Chocolate Muffin & White Chocolate and Raspberry Chiller!
Oxford University is really strange, being that is SO spaced out over the town. There are 38 different colleges you can be a part of, where you live and study, and there are no academic buildings like we have on our US campuses. Our walking tour took us to several of the colleges and some of the buildings they used.


Library featured in HP is in this building!

Most Photographed place in Oxford


They filmed several of the HP scenes in or around Oxford. One example is at New College, where they filmed the courtyard scenes in GOF. :) So cool! We couldn't see the actual area because the chapel was closed, but it was still cool.


After our tour, we headed back to our flats. I made my first real meal that night, which was Shrimp & Pasta and was so good.

On Thursday, we visited Ersnt & Young's office for a presentation.

It was a similar presentation to Costco, and we all learned about EY and some of how it works! After our presentation, we got to go up to the ninth floor to see the awesome view and take a group photo.


It was lots of fun and I loved dressing up for it!
PS: Selfies for days.
 After class on Friday, a group of us visited Camden Market!



 It was a really cool, huge market with lots of stuff to buy and see. I got quite a few cool souviners that I can't wait to show off! I also got this adorable phone case for this next year:

All it needs is a bow-tie and a crown and it will be a perfect Jolly Holiday Princess Penguin!
It was a fun and completely exhausting week! I think I could sleep all weekend and still be tired.

Well, only 12 more days left, so I gotta make it count!
Jenny


No comments:

Post a Comment