Saturday, July 20, 2013

Going Solo

Today we woke up bright and early for a tour of Parliment, or Westminster Palace. Our tour was at 9:45 so we left at 8:40.


Our tour ended at 11 and then I hung out for a while with the Professors chatting before we all headed to do some fun stuff for the day!

I headed back to the flats to buy a suitcase (because I've bought so much stuff... oops) and get directions to all of the places I wanted to visit before heading out. My first stop was Camden Market to pick up a few things I had missed out on the day before, get wifi and snacks before heading on.

My next stop was Admiral's House in Hampstead - the house that Admiral Boom's character and house from Mary Poppins are based off of! It was a super cool house - the top of it is a ship and it was really awesome to look at. People still live there so unfortunately you can't go inside and tour it or anything, but it was really cool.

Little Boom and I loved it!!
Next I headed to Covent Garden Market.

I was excited because someone sold spoon rings there (yay!) but they were 35 pounds each, and I just couldn't bear spending that much on an old spoon that had been bent. Guess I will have to look around elsewhere!


The London Transport Museum was right around the corner, so I thought I'd stop in and take a look. Unfortunately for me, the "Free under 16" thing didn't actually apply, sooo I would have had to pay 11.50 just to go in, so I skipped it. I might go back because it looks cool, but it was still frustrating! Most London Museums are completely free, so it was just really annoying.

After leaving Covent Garden, I went to see Harrods! It is a huge department store, covering 5-acres and one million square feet. It is the largest Department store in Europe. It was HUGE, but really cool and really expensive. I got a few small things and then headed back to my flat.




It was such a fun day and I cannot wait to have more adventures by myself!
~Jenny


No comments:

Post a Comment